FIND TRUE IDENTITY DISCIPLESHIP COURSES:
Pastor Ron is currently writing NHE's Find True Identity Discipleship Online Courses are—
Find a List of Courses w/ Pastor Ron Below
For now Pastor Ron journeys through NHE's Find True Identity Discipleship with 5 to 10 men each year. For freedom from the various sexual brokennesses that may hunt, haunt, and habit our lives.
Students who enroll in NHE’s Find True Identity Discipleship should know there are three semesters each year—the Spring Semester (February, March, April) … the Summer Semester (June & July) … and the Fall Semester (September, October, November). Each followed by sabbaticals—Spring (May), Summer (August), and Winter (December 15th—January 15th).
The question on everyone's mind is—how long? How long does this discipleship take? More importantly, will I ever get free? Is freedom even possible? How long does it take to overcome these overwhelming screams of lust? King David asked this 'how long' question in Psalm 13.
I’m hurting, Lord—will you forget me forever? (sound familiar?) How much longer, Lord? Will you look the other way when I’m in need? How much longer, Lord? How much longer must I cling to this constant grief? I’ve endured this shaking of my soul. So how much longer will my enemy have the upper hand?
Yes, when our thinkers, choosers, and feelers are captured by the screams of lust and we can't escape. We all ask how long? But here's another question—how long have you been as slave—addicted to sex and such? How long has your thinker, chooser, and feeler been captured by some sexual lust (e.g., porn and masturbation, infidelity, heterosexual sins, homosexual behaviors, sex crimes, etc.)? How long have you been—sexually broken? And how long are you willing to give, in order to find significant and lasting freedom—true help & healing?
So, here's the reality. On average the NHE Find True Identity Discipleship journey takes somewhere between three to five years. The time really depends on each person. We’re all different; so, our journeys differ. And that’s okay. Some study by mail or email only (the slowest option), some add Zoom sessions (the most popular option), and some work through intensives (the fast track).
Timeframes can be scary at first. But sabbaticals really make all the difference. So, what does this discipleship journey look like?
- First Years meet 6 to 12 months weekly, via Zoom…
- Second Years meet 12 to 18 months twice a month (either the first and third weeks or the second and fourth weeks, with every fifth week off)…
- Third, Fourth, & Fifth Years meet once a month, then move to once a quarter... finally—
- Annual Check-ins are available for as long as a student desires.
Now here's a list of our current studies: (Basics is required before beginning any other course. Most often followed by Essentials & Perspectives and/or Salvation’s Garden. Then it’s really your choice, alongside your mentor’s counsel and guidance.)
BASICS (First Years: 6 to 12 months) Find True Identity in the Message of the Cross NHE's FTID 100 Series (the order of teachings may vary according to a student’s needs)
- Intro & Getting to Know One Another / The Ezekiel 36:25 Theme (as needed)
- The Galatians 2:20 Teaching: Christ as Life NT
- The Isaiah 40:31 Teaching: Christ as Life OT
- The 2 Corinthians 5:21 Teaching: The Righteousness of God in Us, NT
- The Isaiah 61:10 Teaching: The Righteousness of God in Us, OT
- The REVIEW / The Ezekiel 36:25 Theme (as needed)
The following courses are available to any student once First Year Basics are completed. And also at the recommendation of their mentor and/or Pastor Ron, which should be requested by email.
SALVATION’S GARDEN (6 to 12 months) Find True Identity in the Bible's 1 John NHE's FTID 200 Series
- God's Life & Gospel
- God’s Growth & Blessing
- God’s Philosophy
- God’s Loving Embrace
- God’s Overcoming Grace
ESSENTIALS & PERSPECTIVES (Second Years: 18 to 24 months) Find True Identity in the Bible's Romans NHE's FTID 300 Series
- Getting Saved Teachings (Romans 1-4)
- Living Saved Teachings (Romans 5-8)
- Passionately Saved Teachings (Romans 9-12a)
- God’s Expectations for the Saved Teachings (Romans 12b-16)
ORIGINS & DYSFUNCTIONS (18 to 24 months) Find True Identity in the Bible's Genesis NHE's FTID 400 Series
- In the Beginning: Innocence to the Brokenness of Good & Evil
- The Consequences of Brokenness—the Knowledge & Experience of Good & Evil
- Family Dysfunctions: 1) Abraham’s Story, 2) Issacs’s Story, 3) Jacob’s Story, 4) Joseph’s Story
- Mapping Your Personal Story
DISCIPLES MAKE DISCIPLES (6 to 12 months) Find True Identity in the Bible's Great Commission (Matthew 28) NHE's FTID 500 Series
- Studies TBA
New Courses TBA
... ... ...